Thursday, May 2, 2024

Glenn Gould - The Radio Artist

 


Label : CBC
Format : Flac (image + cue)
Cover : Yes

Tracklist :

CD 1
Glenn Gould: The Idea Of North

Sibelius: Symphony No. 5 In E Flat, Op. 82, Final Movement
Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, Herbert von Karajan

CD 2
Glenn Gould: The Latecomers

CD 3
Glenn Gould: The Quiet In The Land

CD 4
Albert Khan: Periodically And, Strangely Enough, Not Infrequently, I Meet Someone Who Has Never Heard Of The Name Pablo Casals Before.
Albert Khan: No So Very Long Ago - When I Was In Puerto Rico Last - We Were Talking About How We Happened To Come Together Originally. 
Albert Khan: It's A Very Strange Feeling - When You're Sitting, Talking To Don Pablo - To Realize That You're Speaking To A Man Who Played For Queen Victoria In 1898. 
Albert Khan: You Have To Understand That I Am Speaking Not As A Musicologist - Music Is Not Primarily My Field.
Albert Khan: In The United States Today, I Suppose His Name Is Most Closely Associated With His Yearly Appearances At The Marlboro Festival.
Pablo Casals: Now I Say That The Marlboro School Is The Best Possible - The Best School In The World. 
Albert Khan: One Question That Was Recently Asked Me Regarding Casals, I Found Of Particular Interest. 
Felix Galamir: May I Inject Myself, My Own Personality Into This Discussion For A Moment? 
Guillermo Figueroa: Last Year In The Festival We Had Played A Bruckner Symphony.
Albert Khan: And There's One Rather Interesting Contradiction That Is Perhaps Worth Mentioning.
Felix Galamir: Now Casals Is A Very Strong Personality.
Albert Khan: It Was Sir Francis Bacon Who Said That There Is No Beauty Which Hath Not Some Imperfection In Its Being.
Felix Galamir: I Also Think That Basically Casals Is A Very Simple Person. 
Albert Khan: If I Were Asked To Sum Up Don Pablo's Credo, I Think I Would Quote Some Words Of His Own Rather Than Try To Paraphrase What He Said. 
Harry Mannis: Casals: A Portrait For Radio

CD 5
Glenn Gould: This Is Glenn Gould And This Programme Is About Leopold Stokowski 
Stokowski: Think Of Our Solar System. Its Colossal Size.
Stokowski: Although I Am Interested In Everything In The Universe, What I Really Deeply Understand Is The Symphonic World.
Stokowski: First Of All, It's Our Privilege And Our Necessity To Try And Realize What Was In The Soul Of The Composer And To Make That Live Again.
Stokowski: If I Had To Perform The Music Of, Say, Mozart Or Shostakovich Or Debussy: They All Have Their Own World.
Stokowski: I Think That Ives Had That Freedom.
Stokowski: We Must Give Our Education Of Music And Of Philosophy And Of Everything Connected With Human Life Subtlety
Stokowski: It Can Be Expressed In One Word, And That One Word Is "Freedom". 
Stokowski: But Has The Russian Artist Been Divorced From The West? 
Stokowski: It Is Remarkable That One Can Stay In The Home And Hear Music From All Over The World.
Stokowski: In Holland, About 20 Years Ago, I Was Conducting The Concertgebouw Orchestra.
Stokowski: I Find That Everyday Come New Possibilities And New Ideas And They Must Not Be Ignored. 
Stokowski: It Is Quite Possible That The So-called "Cave Man" Had Such Ideas Too. 
Harry Mannis: Stokowski: A Portrait For Radio


1 comment:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/0F74509645D0668/CBC.GG.TRA.rar

    ReplyDelete